2. Take a lip liner that is close to your shade or this fantastic Universal Lip Liner from Sephora to lock your color in on your lips.
3. There are two ways you can apply your lipstick: 1) directly from the tube for a richer punch of pigment or 2) with a lip brush so that you can control the shade to your preference.
4. Blot with a tissue and apply one more coat to set the color.
5. Don’t forget this step! Take your (clean!) index finger and place the tip into your mouth, close and draw your finger away. This will help prevent your lipstick from sticking to your teeth!! A sad makeup mistake that happens so this extra step can help lower the chance of it happening! On that note, tiny PSA: if you ever see a fellow woman who has lipstick on her teeth, PLEASE be a dear and politely mention that she does. Wouldn’t you want someone to tell you?! No one ever wants to feel silly!
6. Be careful about re-applying! Too much product can build up and appear cakey. Choosing long lasting, hydrating formulas will help.
Below are some of my favorite dark burgundy lip products!
Nars Audacious Lipstick in Bordeaux –they have aaaamazing dark lip colors-awesome texture too!
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey– been wearing this since I was 14!
Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick in Made it
YSL Rouge de Couture in 104 Brun Metallique
Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color in Cocoa
Armani Lip Maestro in Blood Red -this does. not. budge..
Lime Crime Velvetines in Wicked