So you feel like shit. Whether you are stuck in the office, running out for soup or waiting at the doctor’s office to see what’s up, you don’t have to look how you feel. Follow these few helpful hints on how to look your best when you’re feeling your worst.
- Keep it light. When you can barely lift your head and it feels like exploding, the last thing you want to think about it exhausting yourself even more.
- Drink lots of fluids. Going along with this saying, your skin is your largest organ and will become dehydrated too. Make sure you give it a nice drink with lots of moisturizer in the morning and perhaps a cooling gel at night to decrease redness and puffiness.
- Since your skin might be drier than normal, powder is not your friend. It will make you look like a walking corpse. Instead, try a brightening BB or CC cream or tinted moisturizer to even skin tone and cover and redness. Keep some Aquaphor close for particularly dry areas at bay.
- A dual product like a lip and cheek tint will save you time and perk your skin back up. Use loads of chapstick to keep lips soft.
- Relieve redness in your eyes with some cooling Rothos eyedrops. With itchy, dry eyes, you may want to take the day off from mascara. If it is a necessity, make sure to use a waterproof based formula to prevent smudging and smearing.
Be sure to actually drink plenty of actual fluids! Maudie’s Chicken Caldo and plain old Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup are my go-to’s to feeling better along with cuddling up on my couch with lots of blankets, movies and Crookshanks!